Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Versatile Blogger Award


Last week I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Catherine Christaki. I was bowled over when I found out and couldn’t wipe the silly grin off my face for the whole day. I’ve never met Catherine in the flesh but she is a brilliant translator and blogger. I love reading her blog posts which are always informative, funny and relatable. One of my favourite blog posts of hers was her introductory post, introducing herself. I was laughing out loud when I read what job she had once worked at. So, thank you Catherine for nominating me, a very fresh, new translator and blogger who is very honoured to have been awarded this Versatile Blogger Award.
Official rules of the award
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.

Just a note before I share the 7 things about myself. I read Lisa Carter’s blog post (another favourite of mine) on her Versatile Blogger Award a few weeks ago and loved it. I then took the idea of sharing 7 things about yourself and wrote a blog post entitled “Pleased to meet you?”. In this post I share 5 things about myself. If you have time, read them here. They might amuse you;) After I wrote that post, I thought I had told the 5 things that could possibly interest you . However, after thinking hard, here are another 7 things about me:
7 things about me: 
1. I hate cooking.

2. I studied piano and music theory for 10 years. I still play the piano but I don’t perform anymore.

3. I love building things and putting things together. For one birthday I was given a set to build my own working radio with copper coil. I didn’t build it to the exact specifications and it looked like it had been put through the food blender but it worked. Doing this kind of thing gives me immense satisfaction and gives me hours of fun.

4. I was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa.

5. One of my dreams is to go gorilla tracking in the Democratic Republic of Congo.   

6. I love to play games! None of my family or friends like to play games so I play videogames which I can play by myself. My first experience with a PC game was Conan the Barbarian on an old DOS operating system on a black and white screen. I then moved on to the SEGA console. Later I became obsessed with playing Need for Speed. Now, anything will do. I’m also fiercely competitive when playing games.

7. I love order and cleanliness.

So now you know almost everything there is about me;)

15 of my favourite, recently discovered blogs:

I’ve tried not to include blogs which have participated in or been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award already.  Some of them you may have known about for a long time before me and some aren’t even translation or language related blogs but these are the blogs which I love reading every week and inspire me as a newbie. They often put a smile on my face too.



               






3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Rebekka and happy blogging!
    -Catherine J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Rebekka! I like the new background for your blog!
    So glad to hear you were given the Versatile Blogger award. Congrats! ;-)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Rebekka! Much, much appreciated... ¡Qué emoción! :)

    ReplyDelete